I’m pleased to announce that Apple has approved my very first “real” iPhone application: Fightcard. This app implements a boxing scorecard (also suitable, I guess, for MMA on the 10-point-must system) that allows you to systematically and properly score a fight. With all the controversy this year (e.g. Cotto-Clottey and Malignaggi-Diaz), it’s a better time than ever to start scoring the fights yourself.
Fightcard permanently records your round-by-round scores for all fights. Rounds are scored on:
- Clean, Effective Punching
- Ring Generalship
- Effective Aggression
- Point Deductions
Fightcard offers full support for all stoppage scenarios: KOs, TKOs, No Decisions, Technical Decisions, etc. You should buy a copy right now.
If you’re interested, here’s the summary of my submission/review/approval experience:
- App submitted on 14 August
- App approved on 27 August
- This is longer than the average reported by 148 apps, but:
- This was a 4+ app, and …
- This was a 2.2.1 app …
- Both of which might stretch out the review process
- No back-and-forth; first submission was approved